Monday, November 10, 2014

Presentation Reflection

 This presentation session has indeed benefited me. I felt that I was able to give more mature presentation, with more information clearly delivered to the audiences. I learnt how to be more engaging and project myself, and also to make my Powerpoint slides more audience-friendly. I also learnt that keeping eye-contact with the audiences at all times is important. I always used to look at the screens, while looking at the audiences occasionally.

 However, I also realised that I should work to improve the fluency of my presentation. Since this can only be done by practicing a lot, I should start to take initiative to give presentation in front of many people, and train myself to speak clearly in public.

 Very memorable experience indeed!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Yechan, for this brief yet detailed reflection. You present clear takeaways from the task. I thought you did quite an admirable job in terms of prep and delivery. However, with the learning from this session, you'll be better equipped to give an excellent presentation in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very glad to have had this opportunity to give the presentation. A very beneficial experience indeed!
      I wonder if I can give a better presentation in Korean (or even in Japanese). ^^
      I look forward to applying the tips for giving the presentation I've learnt from this course to other presentations in future.

      Delete
  2. Hi Yechan,

    Good job on your presentation!
    Although you seemed quite nervous before you presented, but you really nailed it. Just as what Brad said, your fluency is already way better than some other Korean students, and we really enjoyed listening to you speak! I love the fact that even it is not your turn to speak, you always made us laugh with your unique response towards other's presentation! It really helps everyone to relieve their stress.

    Lastly, I would like to say that I am so glad that I know you.
    Good luck and all the best in your Chinese learning journey. Feel free to ask me if you need any help in Chinese.

    Regards,
    洁伶

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ye Chan!

    Your presentation was awesome! Even though you have used slides for your presentation, it seems like our attention is just on you! You were able to attract our attention by asking us questions and having eye contact with us.

    Amazingly, you were peeping at your notes all the while but nobody noticed it!
    The cool memes as pictures on your slides are also attention grabbing.

    You are always smiling and energetic!

    However, there are a few minor issues you could work on:
    - not that fluent, but it's fine as you are already very fluent as compared to other Koreans.
    - better articulation, probably because you are memorizing scripts, your mind keep going off to try to remember what you are going to say, thus affected your presentation.

    Good job!!

    Regards
    Joan

    ReplyDelete